If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Iowa.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Heat Wave

Wow what a heat wave. It brings up some different thoughts on prepping. My friend said man what would we do if the power went out. I jokingly said, "Get wet and lay in front of the fan." But she reminded me that if the power was out there would be no fans. For the first time I started thinking of the heat wave in regards to prepping. What do I have in my preps that could help in a grid down heat wave scenario? Of course the best option would be to get below ground. Basements and cellars and such. What else could work?

I know I am definitely rethinking the solar panels. It would be good to be able to cool at least one room during the hottest part of the day. Well I know I will be doing some research on this one.

On another note my chard looks like lace. It is getting eaten up by something. I powdered the garden with Diatomaceous earth. We will see if that helps. This also brings to mind watering in a TEOWAKI situation. I have been watering my garden from the rain barrels. But they were bone dry yesterday. I was lucky and could bring water from inside. What if that was not the case. I am now thinking you can never have enough water storage.

Good luck all. I hope everyone makes it too the break in the weather. I heard somewhere that we have not had this many days in a row of heat since the 30's. Wasn't that when the dust bowl happened???? Whoa too many thoughts these days.

------------------------------------------
Join the APN Forum at www.AmericanPreppersNetwork.net
Visit the Iowa Forum at www.IowaPreppersNetwork.net

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you going to continue your story?

IowaPreppersNetwork.com Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Iowa Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.