If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Iowa.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Iowa Weather

Well slap my knee and call me pink Iowa, It's snowing. Yet again I woke up to snow blanketing the yard. It snowed Friday while I was in Des Moines and now it is snowing here two hours East. I am trying to recall if it is normal to have snow this late in the season. Being Iowa I am sure it is, but for some reason it is not sitting with me well. The weather report says it will be 46 degrees today so the snow will not linger long. I am getting nervous for my campout this weekend. Two weekends ago I drove 8 hours, hiked to miles to camp in Southern Illinois on The Trail of Tears down by the Shawnee National Forest. It was beautiful. This coming weekend I will kick off my camping/ hiking tour of Iowa. Let's see how the experience holds up. We had thunder and lightning and I slept in a tarp set up (no tent. Yeah I am a Bushcrafter). It will be interesting to see what the Iowa weather does this weekend. The forecast looks good, but then it does change it's mind moment by moment. When I first moved to Iowa I was told repeatedly, "If you don't like the weather in Iowa wait five minutes." I suppose it is nature's way of making sure all of the new growth has plenty of moisture to start us into Spring.

This is the first year that we are attempting a garden at my house. We have our seeds planted and they are starting to sprout. What a rush, right? We brought them in because of the weather last week. Looks like they will be stuck inside with us for a while. This is one thing to consider when prepping in Iowa. If your life depends on your garden, timing will be important for planting. Looks like I have a lot of learning to do. Gardening is not as easy as it looks on Youtube. :)

Well enjoy the white stuff today Iowa. Hopefully we won't see too much of it the rest of this season. I have the "Hiking Iowa Guide" which is going to be my starting point for hiking and backcountry camping in Iowa. If any of you Iowans know of some great spots to hike/ primitive camp give me a shout. I would love to explore this amazing state. I know we have more than corn fields here, can't wait to prove that fact.

Stay warm and Keep prepping, FreedomFox

------------------------------------------
Join the APN Forum at www.AmericanPreppersNetwork.net
Visit the Iowa Forum at www.IowaPreppersNetwork.net

No comments:

IowaPreppersNetwork.com Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Iowa Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.